1.08.2012

Winter Break

I've kind of been absent this week. Not only have I been busy, but I have also been in "no internet land". This makes for good stories, but nowhere to put them! So next week you will hear everything! Until then however, Grab a Beer (inspired by Kim) and check out a quick version of WIDLW!

Last weekend was spent with my friends from the East Bay. We stayed in, made dinner and celebrated the New Year by watching the ball drop in New York. At 9 o'clock. Just kidding! We actually made it to midnight this time! But I did go to bed at 12:01.

 

The next day we went to The City and had a snackapalooza! One of the items on the menu: Dungeness Crab! Yummy!


Then it was Road Trip time! First stop: Yosemite!


Next up: Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur!

Monterey, CA
Monterey, CA
17 Mile Drive
Carmel, CA
Hwy 1
After that, we drove north on Highway 1 and went to Santa Cruz, where the waves were HUGE! 

 

Then we took a nice hike in the Marin Headlands at Point Reyes


Last but not least, but with no photo, we had our extended family "Christmas" last night, where we ate, drank and were merry until late into the night! It was so good to see family and eat turkey again (I can never get enough! Hello turkey pie!) 

Were you busy this week? Are you back to work yet? To school? Did you take any time to relax after the hectic holidays!?

8 comments:

  1. No way! You make/eat turkey pie as well?!?!? I thought that was just something my mom and I invented...I love it more then the actual "holiday meal"! How do you layer it?!? Take a picture or send me your recipe! I'd love to compare/contrast!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. Sounds like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I went back to school this week. I would much rather live in your pictures! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous pictures!!! All of those places look so wonderful, I hope I get to visit someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these pictures are amazing. I have GOT to take like a week long trip to California. Maybe in 2013? I don't thikn I can swing it in 2012... But I definitely need to visit!!

    This week was busy for me. I had a work trip to Charlotte at the end of the week, which meant long hours and totally unhealthy eating and way too many cocktails... although no stoli doli and I switched to tonic water w/ a lime so it appeared that i was drinking when i actually wasn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is photos like those that remind me how much I love this home state of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!