8.15.2011

My Seven Links

I know everyone has already done this and I am way behind on the times. That is okay. The town I grew up in just stopped pegging their pants last year.

This is hard, since I have a lot of posts and some of them were written 5 years ago! Also, I know that over the years, this blog, and I with it, have changed. So, some of the ones I wrote in the beginning had a good idea but bad delivery, or they were good but nobody read them.  Also, many of them were more like journal entries than crowd pleasers. However, it was kind of fun to go back and re-read some of my older posts, trying to find a good post to link to. This idea originated here. I am not following the rules. I have not been nominated. I will not nominate anyone. If you want to do this, do it. I give you my nomination now. Do it.

This challenge asks you to identify these 7 links:

Your most beautiful post: This one is hard. Is it referring to a photo, wise words or some deep insight from within? I love taking photos and I love Where I Live so that is probably the most beautiful post(s) I have for you.

Your most popular post: I guess this one is easier because it is quantifiable. If it goes by page hits, it’s Chopped (see below for link). However, if it is down to the number of comments, it is. It’s a Wrap tied with Why I Blog.

Your most controversial post: None of mine are really controversial (ie. sparked a huge debate between followers and me or followers themselves.) However, some happened during controversial times in my life, and during controversial times in my mind (sometimes different times, funnily enough) On Being in Limbo was about a controversy within.  

Your most helpful post; Essential Travel Items or Why Weight? which is a tutorial on calories and eating.

A post whose success surprised you:  Chopped, which is the one I wrote when I decided to go from over a foot of hair to basically none, in the name of Locks of Love. I think this one gets a lot of hits because it comes up the most on search engines, because for some reason people search things like “cut my hair”, “chop my hair” and “locks of love” more often than anything else. (side note of interest: I also “chopped” my hair in 2008 and wrote about it. This post was not popular at all. This goes to show that sometimes it depends on which words and phrases you use).

A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved:  I am Not a Plastic Bag. I wrote this when I was just writing to write and nobody read it and I didn’t care. But I had a lot of fun writing it and I thought it was well thought out and researched. I just didn’t have an audience then. C’est la vie!

The post that you are most proud of: I really like writing about Travel. I enjoy seeing new things and remarking upon them. The post called Kung Fu Fighting that I wrote about braving the trains in
China got comments from my mom, who almost never comments. So I was proud that day. (I am also proud of Racing For Your Life because I entered it into a blog contest and won 3rd place!)

What is YOUR favorite post of yours? Or if you want to answer any other categories and put the link in the comments, I would love to see what you think your 7 links are. If you have already done this meme, tell me what your second place links w

3 comments:

  1. Ok, now I have a lot of reading to do. I am really intrigued by some of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to go back and read some of them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I did not realize how popular those "I am not a plastic bag" bags were!! How interesting! I am all about re-usable bags because you can carry so much more in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!