5.07.2011

Some Great Australian Places

Have you been to Australia? Although there are many cool things here, like Koalas, Kangaroos and The Most Deadly Snake in the World, The Black Mamba (spoken in a Steve Austin accent, as he shoves the snake in his face). BUT. They have a lot of other cool things. So. Let me talk to you about what we have done and liked...so far.

First up, and everyone should do this, is the Great Ocean Road. You drive along the coast and it IS beautiful. There are weird stone formations, blue blue water and the drive itself is (windy but) divine.

The Twelve Apostles
Next up, was some Lebanese food. I know, you thought, LEBANESE? In Australia? YES. And it's great.

Falafel, Kibby, Tzatziki, Hummus and more!
Then we went to Melbourne to meet up with some friends I had met in Argentina. And we walked around town. And we ate. And ate. AND ATE. Yum. I had heard there was great food in Melbourne but I had never experienced it. Well.... it was great!

Melbourne Grafitti

Swanston St

Yarra River

Dinner with Friends!
We also went to the Healdsville Animal Sanctuary, where we saw all the usual cuprits that I spoke about the other day: koalas, kangaroos, echidnas and emus. It was so fun! One more example:

Echidna -- bad photo

You can see a better example of an Echidna below. By the way, it is another egg laying mammal. Weird.

source
Next up: Sydney!

Then we go home...I can't believe it has come so soon. It seems like it's been so long...and I can't believe it's over so soon.

S is for Some. You can find more A-Z blogfest posts here

Have you ever been to Australia? What were your favorite places?  

PS. I have been here before (it was pre-blogging) and will post some other great things in a future post. Some things I won't get to this time, but I know are worth seeing!  

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Lovely pictures. I have only been to Sydney but I wish we had time to see more of Australia when we first were there. Maybe some other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I haven't been to Australia, but my husband goes frequently for work, so some day!! He's been to Sydney and Central Australia, so I've got some great pictures from him. I hadn't heard of the ocean drive, so adding that to the list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent about 5 months in Australia when i studied abroad. Loved it! It was such a great city to visit. I also loved Great Ocean Road. Sydney was my fave city out of all of them! Have a blast!1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!