1.04.2008

Telephono

So I guess there is a reason after all that we have cell phones. I sometimes wonder why. But today when I was waiting - by the way, I HATE waiting - for the boys, I realized, cell phones really have done at least one thing for us. They have allowed us to spend our time more economically.

The situation was this. I needed to get money from AMEX; Grant needed a sleeping bag. I was going to ¨pop in and out¨of the AMEX office... That didn´t happen. I ended up spending about an hour in the office and Grant ended up spending about 2 hours getting a sleeping bag. However, I couldnt get out of line to tell them that I was going to take longer than expected and they didnt know why I was taking so long. So we both ended up waiting longer than expected for each other.

So being here has made us all learn how to plan. Well, I use that phrase lightly...Plan. We have tried to plan, but sometimes it doesn´t work. But it has been interesting...Remember when we didn´t have cell phones (gasp). What did we do!?

I kind of like it. People can get ahold of me, they just have to wait. And the same goes for me...So we learn patience and planning. Maybe. Well we are trying to!


1 comment:

  1. I so totally relate! ha ha ha ha! Just to get home safe today, I told Dad that he should come looking for me if I'm not home by 2p.m. because it's snowing and the phones may go out. We here in the boonies are used to planning without cell phones, but I have to admit, when Dad's phone went down, it was hard on us! Advice given freely.....just write me at the riverstonedotter address!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!