12.28.2012

Best of 2012: Running

Misszippy recently did a recap of her running year here and I thought I would follow along! 

Best race experience? My favorite was probably the Skyline 50k. I started doing trail races earlier this year and I really enjoyed the experience, but the best feeling was completing 50k in my own backyard, and only coming in seconds behind Dean Karnazes.

Best run? Most of my runs on the Bay Area Ridge Trail have been awesome. There are views of the city, redwoods, eucalyptus, rolling hills, ferns and each run is different, unique and relaxing.

Best new piece of gear? I really love the Saucony Kinvaras that I won during the Find Your Strong project. They are light and fast and comfortable and I am glad to have gotten the chance to try a low heel drop shoe.

Best piece of running advice you received? Walking up the hills during a hilly ultra will really save you a lot of energy in the long run (pun intended). 

Most inspirational runner? I love seeing people who haven't run before start running and do well. My most inspirational is Broski, who went from hardly being able to run one mile to running two half marathons in one month. Others include Suz, who ran her first marathon recently, Terzah, who went from injury to marathon in a mere matter of months and Amber, who was not a runner at all, but ran a half and a 20k this year!

If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?

11 comments:

  1. My year can be summed up as challenged myself and injury free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really had an amazing year - especially in terms of running! I would sum up my year by saying: "I passed L2 of the CFA, traveled a lot for work, and met Phil." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great, exciting running year and I'm glad to have found your blog this year so I can see what you do in 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an awesome year! Mine was tiring but in a good way and absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I've heard skyline was a fun race from other bloggers too. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a fantastic year running the miles, and I bet it was awesome and inspiring to watch your brother catch the bug. My running year was really about easy exploratory miles in a lot of different places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your 2012 recap. I've enjoyed reading your blog this year. I've really enjoyed the Broski story and LOVE the pictures of him. Looking forward to reading more about his running adventures. I've also love Kinvaras. Size 5s are a svelte 5.6oz per shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these recaps :) My year in a couple words: injury and recovery :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Terzah's comeback was impressive- with a half pr in there, too! I'm very jealous of your trail running... hoping the next place we live I'll have more trails available. There's one here, but it's flat and not all that interesting week after week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had an amazing year. I really enjoyed following along with you and your brother running. So awesome.

    Congratulations on your year! Happy 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's quite a spam comment ahead of mine! I think he's barking up the wrong tree here. :^)

    Thank you so much for the mention...I think your brother is inspiring too. He's my favorite kind of runner story. Actually, you are too. It's been a pleasure finding and following your blog, and I'll be along for the ride in 2013, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!