Maybe you don't know this, but I like to make lists. I am always bugging Big K to tell me what his "favorite places, foods etc" are. In case you don't realize, I also like food. Everywhere we go, whether it is New York city or Namibia, we try to eat some of the local cuisine. So, the last one was a list of each of our top 5 (or so) foods, where they were and why. Here is our combined effort: K and K's top 10 foods from May to August (an ongoing list). In no particular order.
1. Steak Florentine - Florence, Italy - This is just a big T bone steak. No sauce. Just meat.
2. Pickled Anchovy tapa - Madrid, Spain -- cold pickled fish. Sounds weird, but tastes awesome!
3. Mussels in creamy garlic sauce - Paternoster, South Africa
4. Shrimp - Tofo, Mozambique -- at two dollars a plate, these were fried to perfection and crispiness
5. Shrimp dish - Bologna, Italy -- the whole meal was fantastic, but the shrimp were our fave. It had white beans and tomatoes and olive oil and goodness...
6. Mussels in Biarritz, France -- comes with fries, and a nice creamy sauce. Yummy.
7. Dorado (fish) in Porto, Portugal -- whole fish, fried to crispy goodness
8. Gnocchi at same restaurant as shrimp in Bologna -- this restaurant was fabulous!
9. Tapas at Fork in Cape Town
10. Last but not least, Spaghetti Carbonara in Rome. Love the Italian food....love it!
More to come once we try a few more places.