9.11.2012

Tried It

Lately I have been trying a lot of new fitness related items. Here are some of the ones I have tried and what I have thought about them. 


Waxelene: This is described as an "eco-friendly alternative to petroleum jelly. It has the same protective, waterproofing, moisturizing and soothing properties that doctors love, but contains no petroleum or hydrogenated oils." I tried it as an alternate to Body Glide. I don't chafe very often, except when I wear a tank top. Then I chafe under my arm. So I smeared it on for my last long run and...no chafe. Sweet. It can also be used for chapped lips or dry skin as well as several other uses. I love the idea that it's all natural and only has 4 ingredients. I don't like that it comes in a heavy glass jar which doesn't bode well for my already overfull running bag! 


Cool Off: These are little individually wrapped cooling towelettes. I really like them! They give me a minty fresh feeling! The only thing is, the first time, I used them on my face and it was burning a little! I would stick to body use only. They fit great into my purse and running bag. I have tried other wipes and they are basically just baby wipes with a different name. These are much more refreshing than a baby wipe! 


TopricinA homeopathic cream that provides pain relief by improving circulation and attracting and stimulating the body's healing chemistry at the site of pain. I was sent three different kinds -- Regular, Junior and Foot Therapy. I tried the regular one on my sore calf a few weeks ago and it seemed to help. It also doesn't smell like a hospital, like some of the other sports creams do, which is a definite plus! 


Celcius: I don't normally like energy drinks. They have a certain taste to them that is just wrong. However, Celicius is quite good. I received four kinds: Raspberry Acai Green Tea, Strawberry Kiwi, Sparkling Orange and Outrageous Orange. Of the four, the Raspberry Acai Green Tea was my favorite. It was a little sweet, but definitely did not have the nasty taste that some of the other energy drinks have. It is supposed to do several things: boost metabolism, improve endurance and provide lasting energy. It contains caffeine in the form of green tea extract and guarana and it really does give you a nice energy kick! 

I love getting to try new things, as I am really kind of one of those people who once I find what I like I stick to it. So it is nice to have friends who use something different, or to get a sample from somewhere, because you never know when you are going to find your new favorite thing! 

Do you try new things or do you stick with the tried and true? Do you chafe a lot when you run? What is your favorite energy drink?

Disclaimer: I was given these products for free in return to an honest review. All opinions are my own. 

6 comments:

  1. Topricin is an old pharmacist favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of any of these products... so thanks for the detailed reviews.

    I do like to try new things, which is why I enter giveaways and take on products for blog reviews. I am currently in love with Ben Gay Zero Degrees for muscle cramps during the night.

    I used ZipFizz and nuun when doing longer runs and like them both.

    I don't often chafe.... so count myself lucky for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to stick to the same things... I am such a creature of habit. But I will try something new if it comes highly recommended by a friend!

    I am prone to blisters, so I usually put vaseline on my feet, and I also tend to chafe on my inner thighs (from the seam of shorts, not from my thighs rubbing together!), so I put body glide there. I also put it along the seam of my sportsbra, otherwise I get a half moon sort of scar from it rubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to try new things. No, thankfully, I've never chafed. I don't really have a favorite energy drink. Does coffee count?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like trying new things for running, but if I find a favorite I get kind of superstitious about sticking to it and not changing! I do chafe a lot in the summer, just because I get soaked in sweat.
    Energy drink - I guess nuun, although I used that for hydration more than energy. Coffee is fine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, thanks for mentioning Waxelene. I use Aquaphor for my feet and sometimes my lips and HATE HATE HATE that there's petroleum in it. Once I'm done with my current tub, I'm totally going to buy some Waxelene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!