1.31.2014

Currently: January

I thought I would squeak this one in just before the month ended... This week was going to feature a post about hiking, one about life in general, a continuation of last week's road trip and/or a straggling "best of" post that has been waiting for over a month to get posted. But instead, you get this.

Current Book - Fall of the Giants by Ken Follet: I am about half way through and am liking it so far. It's a good story while still teaching me a lot about WWI. I am also listening to an audiobook: A Beautiful Blue Death. 

Current Running Path - 



Current Drink -Vanilla Bean Black Tea 

Current Excitement - Weekends! They are filling up fast, but there are so many fun things to do. I have a trip planned to see Lisa, an SF Beer Week weekend, a couple of big race weekends, and a trip to the Grand Canyon!  

Current Fashion Trend - Patterned tights. They are everywhere, and are normally paired with tiny shorts.

 

Current Favorite Blog/Website - I have been trying to catch up with some current events, so have been spending some time on sites like NPR and BBC World.


 Current Garden Item - Lemons and Camellias  

Current Love - Audio books! I get so much more "reading" done with them, since I can read them while running and/or going to the gym. And you can borrow them from the library! Double score.  

Current Food -White Bean soup made with homemade turkey stock 

Current Indulgence - 

 

Currently Pondering - What to do with my itchy feet...I am really feeling the need to do some traveling!


Current Mood - Overwhelmed 

Current New Find - My library has a site where you can download music, it's called Freegal. You can download 3 songs per week or stream up to 3 hours a day. The library also has a site for learning languages, finding new book suggestions and reading magazines and newspapers online. As you know, I am a huge fan of the library! 

Current Outfit - Lately I've been hanging out a lot in hoodie and jeans. 

Current Peeve - sparkly iPhone cases, bicyclists who ride on the sidewalk, people who put their backpack on the only empty seat on the bus
 
Current Song - 



Current Triumph - I am ready to do my taxes. Mind you, I have not FINISHED, but I am ready to start, and that is triumph enough!  

Current TV Show -  Cash Cab, BBC World News 

Current Wish-List - A round the world trip. Seriously. Like I said, itchy feet.  

Currently Delaying - buying my ticket to Boston. I am still waiting for prices to go down / waiting to firm up dates..

What are you watching these days? Do you have any fun trips planned this year?

7 comments:

  1. I love audiobooks and podcasts for running and traveling. I read Fall of Giants years ago, I remember it as a good book but I sure don't remember much else about it, maybe I should read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Fall of the Giants last summer and really enjoyed it. I want to read the 2nd book, I just need to pep myself up for another 900 page book. ;)

    I am watching my usual shows of Top Chef and Parenthood but nothing else besides that really. I don't have many trips planned this year because my life is so horribly up in the air. I have a trip to Austin next weekend, a trip home at the end of Feb and a work trip to Florida in March which I am extending so I can see family on the Gulf Coast. Besides that I have some tentative trips, like our running trip to the SF area, but not much else that is really looking like it has a strong chance of happening. I am really hoping my life has more stability by June so I can plan a trip to Boston to visit my friend Kelly, and a trip to Kamloops to visit Amber, but it feels less and less likely that these trips will happen unless I get a strong sense of where I will be living by May or June. Have I mentioned how much I HATE uncertainty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good January!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started listening to Orange is the New Black on Audible. I always forget how much I love audio books. Great to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to go the Grand Canyon! I can't believe I have never been there:/ I'm going to South Carolina next week. Ever been there? If you have, do you have any suggestions on must see activities?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE coconut!!! No huge trips planned yet...however we may end up at the happiest place on earth this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some awesome trips planned this year. I'm heading to Arizona for baseball Spring Training next month. In April I'm going to Dallas to see some friends, and then this summer I'm going to Europe!

    Sounds like you are doing well. I'm glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!