4.29.2013

Take Five, Orlando: A Guest Post

I am excited to introduce Stephany, whose goal this year is to write 50 guest posts. I was happy to have her come and visit me over on my space, and when asked what I wanted her to write about, it was an easy choice: Travel. Stephany has compiled a list of her top 5 amusement parks in Florida, seeing that she is from Orlando. Without further ado, here is Stephany! 

cropped-SWheader7

My Top Five Favorite Amusement Parks

There are a lot of things I love about living in Florida, but one of my favorite things is how close I am to Orlando and the plethora of amusement parks that abound from there. It's easy to go for a weekend, or even take a day trip up to a park, and Orlando remains one of my favorite cities. There is always something to do and so much to choose from! In honor of my love for all things theme parks, I wanted to create a list of my top five favorites (and yes, everyone should visit each one!):

My Top Five Favorite Amusement Parks: 

5. Epcot - Epcot is a foodie lover's dream. The park is lined with cuisines from around the world. You can start off with a sauerkraut in Germany, move on to tacos in Mexico, and finish with pastry in France. The absolute best part of Epcot is the food, hands down - but there are other experiences to be had. You can man a spaceship, "fly" over the Earth, and build your own sports car (and see how it performs on the track!). If you love food, this is one of the must-stop's in Orlando.

epcot

4. Magic Kingdom - Magic Kingdom (or more commonly known as Disney World) is happiness on earth. Even as an adult, I am filled with childlike glee every time I come to this park. There is so much to do and see that it's impossible to get to it all in one day. My favorite rides include Space Mountain (an indoor roller coaster), Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (an interactive ride where you score points and try to beat other passengers). I also adore the Carousel of Progress, which showcases changes in the way we live and technology throughout the years. It's fascinating to me! I was able to watch my nephew (who was three at the time) experience Disney World for the first time ever and it was magical.

mk

3. Animal Kingdom -  Animal Kingdom is one of the newer theme parks, built in 1998 and it's easy to see why it was the fourth most-visited theme park in the U.S. in 2011. There's something for everyone at this park: thrilling rides, incredible musicals, delicious food, and a safari ride that cannot be missed. It's one of those parks that's impossible to get sick of!

ak

2. Islands of Adventure - There is so much to love about Islands of Adventure, not the least being it's where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is located. Although, I have to be honest and say I have never actually been to the WWoHP. The last time I went to Islands of Adventure, it had just opened so the wait to even get into WWoHP was over 2 hours long. (And I had not yet read the series, so it didn't hold much interest to me.) WWoHP aside, Islands of Adventure has a lot to offer. They have my favorite roller coaster The Incredible Hulk, a fun interactive Spiderman ride,  and the you-will-get-wet Jurassic Park River Adventure. It's more superhero and adventure-focused than any of the other parks, which is probably why it's one of my favorites to visit. 

islandsofadventure

1. Sea World - As a hardcore animal lover, Sea World is easily my favorite amusement park in all of Orlando. The biggest attractions in Sea World are all the different shows. You can experience the wonder of Shamu, the hilarity of the sea lion show, or the excitement of the dolphin show. You can feed sea lions and dolphins. You can see the penguin or shark exhibit. Or, if you're up to it, you can try out a few of the rides like Kraken and Manta. It's really a place that everyone can enjoy, kids and adults alike.

seaworld

An Orlando vacation is not really a relaxing vacation, with all there is to do and see, but it is a fun one! It's pretty much a given that you will have an enjoyable time - whether you love roller coasters, fun shows, or delicious food. There is something for everyone!

Note:**I actually have not been to ANY of these yet! 

Have you ever been to any of these parks? What is your favorite amusement park? What would be your "top 5 ____" where you live? 

5 comments:

  1. I have only been to Epcot, which was fun. I think my favorite part might have been the fireworks at the end of the day. And it was fun to try different cuisine in the 'around the world' area. I have a hard time with crowds, so I don't very well with places like amusement parks because they just frustrate me!

    I can't say I have a top 5 for Charlotte, yet... but for Minneapolis I'd say
    1. Take a walk or run around Lake Calhoun or Harriet.
    2. Go to the observation deck of the Guthrie. 3. Have a cucumber magaritas (or another fun flavor) at Masa, my favorite mexican place.
    4. Have dinner Brasa, my favorite bbq place (the roasted pork is so good!).
    5. Go to Wild Rumpus bookstore (cool kids bookstore) and out for ice cream at Sebastian Joe's.

    Ha, most of my list involves eating. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been following Stephany's goal of writing 50 guest posts. They're so much fun to read. I've only been to Florida once and we visited Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. Loved them. I loved Florida too and I think it's high time I plan another trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Admin,

    I am interested to publish my content on your website, I have Travel, Places to see, Restaurant, Hotels related content. At least 5 articles for your blog, can I send some of them to you for your review?

    All are unique, fresh. Hope I will get a good response soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!