12.24.2015

Ho Ho Holiday!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week! Today after I get off work, I will drive up to the (snowy!) mountains where my parents live, where I will don flannel and wool and will spend time eating and reading and kicking butt in Rummikub (hopefully). This year my brother is not going to make it, but it will be nice to see my parents and my aunt and her family and to partake in the annual traditions.


The other thing I always love is getting together for the annual day after Christmas breakfast. It has been a tradition that my high school friends and I have had for probably about 10 years, if not more. Most years, most of us make it and a lot of the time the Moms and sometimes even my Dad, some brothers or even a boyfriend or two straggle in as well. It's always great to catch up with the girls and to see the kids get older and older. Last year I missed it since Christmas was on a Wednesday and I had to work, so this year I am looking forward to it twice as much!

I hope that everyone out there has a great weekend and a joyous holiday!

What are your plans for the next few days? Do you have any annual traditions? 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you have that day after Christmas tradition! Plus I love breakfast food since a lot of things are gluten free friendly. :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family! Sounds like it will be cozy and fun!

    Phil and I are celebrating with his extended family tonight and with his mom and brother tomorrow. Then tomorrow night we head to my parents and will stay there through Sunday. As far as traditions, my family always has seafood on Christmas Eve. We got to church before dinner and then open gifts. But before we open gifts, we watch this home video that was made in 1987 - it's a re-enactment of the Christmas story by all of us grand children. It was a gift to my grandparents. I was 6 at the time so it's pretty funny to watch. I played the part of Gabrielle. We did it in my aunt and uncle's barn so it kind of looks legit! ;)

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!