3.03.2011

What I Miss, A Haircut and More

When traveling, you oftentimes really want something, something you get at home all the time and take for granted ALL THE TIME. You don't realize you liked it until, voila, it is gone. Here are a few of those things.

- Free refill coffee -- the coffees abroad are tiny and they take forever to get to your table and there are no refills. I want a full cup of coffee, all the time. I want to drink 4 cups in one sitting. I want COFFEE, not a tiny cup of slog that I can consume in one gulp.

- Water, clean water. Tap water is a no-no in most places. So you have to buy bottle after plastic bottle in order to have enough. And if you forget to buy a bottle before going to bed, expect a dry mouth the next day. I have been VERY temped to drink the tap water many times, but have refrained. But I am SOOOO thirsty all the time.

Now, the haircut. I am thinking of cutting my hair. I don't know why, but every few years I go through this faze. I did it in 2008, lopped it all off and sent it to Locks of Love. I think it is time to do it again. Except this time, I thinking REALLY short. Why, I don't know, but I need a change. Will I regret it?

Here is a photo of "maybe" what I would do:

Or this:


Here is what my hair looks like now. I know, boring, right? (and a little uneven!)
And I usually wear it up like this anyway.

So, what do you think?? Should I cut it? Will I look like a boy? Or a lesbian? (no offense to boys or lesbians)

And lastly, I just want to say thanks to my followers, new and old! I appreciate that you read all my drivel, about myself and what I am doing and what is important to me. You guys rock!

5 comments:

  1. It's interesting what you miss when you travel, isn't it! It def shows you what you take for granted when you are home. I remember missing clean water when I traveled to the Dominican Republic to visit my friend in the Peace Corp... We def take clean water for granted!

    When I was in France, I missed inexpensive soda in restaurants with free refills. I don't drink soda very often, but sometimes I crave it. But paying 4.5 euro for a coke? No thanks! I also missed salsa! I could not find it in the grocery store & that's what I like on my eggs. I improvised by putting arrabiata marinara sauce on them instead, which was ok, just not as good as spicy salsa. :)

    I think that haircut would look great on you! That's great that you are doing lock for love - I did that in 2007 and might do it again next year possibly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went all short last year but it turns out my hair is very thick when short so it was a lot of work...I'm back to long and up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the "Here is what my hair looks like now." picture, are you facing the camera? If so, you need a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it! I think it will look great on you. It's just hair, right? It'll grow back.

    Love your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always longed to have the courage to go "boyish"...so I say go for it. You might inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!