3.22.2011

Someone Thinks I am Cool?


Natalie from My Blog is Boring gave my other blog The Incredibly Sweet Blog Award! How nice! Thanks Natalie. It's always nice to get props!

So I am supposed to say 5 random things and then pass it on.

First, I would like to give this award to these folks:
1. Jess
2. Lisa
3. Kate
4. KT
5. Gracie

Now, 5 things.

1. I used to work at Nordstrom. For 8 years. In the Salon Shoe department. That's the fancy one where the shoes cost 200 + dollars per pair. I actually started in Brass Plum and worked my way to Ladies -- if you know Nordstrom, you will know what I am talking about. So, if you need to know anything about shoes, I am your man.

2. I don't really like dogs. I know, its sacrilegious to some. But they are annoying. They jump and bark and whine and are smelly and furry and ug. I don't like it. If I were to get a dog though, I would get a Lab. I had one as a kid. He was my best friend.

3. When I was a kid I thought I would run a boys home and adopt a ton of kids. Now, I am not even sure I want one.

4. I volunteered in Bolivia for a month at an orphanage. I loved it. The kids were total pains in the asses, but so much fun! It was great. We would go over the multiplication tables -- they learned math, I learned Spanish!

5. I am thinking of going back to school. Any advice?

Well, that's it. Enough about me. Tell me a random thing about YOU!

5 comments:

  1. i am totally with you on the dog thing. i've always felt like the only human on earth that didn't like dogs until i met my friend sherry, and now there's you, too. there must be more of us out there. let's start a club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award! I'm not a huge fan of dogs, either - partly because I have allergies anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks for the award Kyria!

    I like well trained dogs (no jumping and minimal barking) and love my parents' dogs like my own but have meant plenty that push me to annoyance :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the award! That was so sweet of you!

    I am w/ you on the dogs...

    My random fact: I also sold shoes, too. Except I sold them at JC Penny's. Eeks that job sucked. And then i ended up quitting because I was sexually harrassed by the loss prevention guy. I was only 18 and I just didn't realize at the time that I should have reported him instead of quitting... lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're probably one of the coolest people I know. Except for that dog thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!