12.19.2012

Nobody Wants a Partridge

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

You know the drill. And you have to sing it. Out loud! 

On the Twelfth day of Christmas, my sneakers gave to me...

Twelve Half Marathons!

Eleven Running Routes

Ten PRs

Nine Thousand Feet
Eight Shiny Medals

Seven Running Friends

Six 10ks

Five Golden Trail Races!!

Four Relay Legs

Three 5ks

Two Marathons

....And An Ultra in the East Bay!!!!

This year was definitely a good one, running wise. I completed 12 half marathons in the 12 in 2012 challenge, which also spurred me to do two marathons and an ultra. In between all that, it was really fun to participate in many virtual races, meet new running friends, travel to fun places in order to race and to find new, great places nearby to run!

What's next year going to bring? I am not sure. My mom asked me yesterday if I had any big events coming up, and besides the Boston Marathon and a couple of Fat Asses, I am laying low for the first few months of the year. But I am not done running! I am just doing it more on my own. We shall see how it goes though. I do enjoy the thrill of the race!

How was your year, fitness wise? Have you ever heard of a Fat Ass before?

16 comments:

  1. Hahah what a great take on a traditional song! Congrats on an amazing year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your song! You've had such a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. partriges will absolutely destroy a pear tree. Enjoy the offseason! only you would think of Boston and a couple of ultras as 'not much'. Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice song! That's a lot of running, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! What a crazy running year you have had. So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fun way to summarize your year!

    I just got myself back to the gym after I don't know how long. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was BRILLIANT!!! Congrats on a run-filled, HEALTHY year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your song! Congratulations on some great accomplishments.

    I've never heard of FatAss (well, not in that sense ;-)) Going to check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your song lyrics.. you had quite a year... yeah, I think I used to HAVE a fat a$$ .... better go see what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is clever! I have not heard of Fat a**... I will have to check the link out later today!

    I feel pretty good about my year. I took quite a few minutes off my marathon time. 2013 will look similar to 2012 in that I will do 1 fall marathon and not many races besides that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this creative recap!! You should link it up today on my post, if you want. :) 10 prs- wow, this year certainly was a good one for you. Congrats!
    Just got your awesome card, by the way. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute!!! Love the song. Very clever!

    I had a great year fitness wise as well. Ran my first ever long distance race (D2D 20k) and then my first ever half marathon with a few 5k's scattered in as well. So far in 2013 I plan to do the DSM Half again as well as D2D and lots of smaller races. I think I've been bit by the running bug! (It also helps that the boyfriend is a runner too and he keeps me motivated!) :)

    Never heard of a Fat Ass!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome song! 10 PRs? Amazing!! Have you signed up for 13 in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have had such a fantastic running year, my friend! I can't wait to see what you will do in 2013 and to follow your training for Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great year! Haven't heard of Fat ass, will have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!