1.17.2012

Eleven * 3

Thanks to Lucy, I have something to talk about today. Otherwise, the brain is functioning very slowly these days!

11 things about me
1. Right now I am in a sorting mode. You probably already read about my sorting through my storage and throwing things away? Well I am also trying to sort through my computer and name all my photos and organize them and print some out etc. I need to do it more often, but traveling around a lot often causes me to just put them in a folder by month and date and then forget about them for a while. 

2. I signed up for my first 12 in 2012. But you will have to wait to hear more about it. I am excited! Finally got the ball rolling! 

3. I have a chapstick everywhere. One in my purse; one in my toiletry bag; one in my pocket; one in my running bag. I have to have it everywhere I go. I need some right now actually!

4. I don't like dogs. Sorry dog lovers. They smell and are hairy and slobbery and they pee and poop and you have to feed them and walk them and stuff. Just not my cup of tea. 

5. I love playing games. Cards. Board games. Wii. Word games. Quizzes. Whatever! Bring it on! I challenge you to a game of charades!

6. I have only read one book this year. See #1 above. Due to this, I have NOT been reading. At all. Also, I have 3 magazine subscriptions that I am way behind on, like 3 months. So I have several books and about a 8 magazines that I need to read. AFTER I sort all my photos. 

7. I barely ever wear socks except when I go running. When I lived in San Francisco (or Florida, or NOLA) I wore flip flops 90% of the time. Except when I was working. But then I often wore open toed shoes or flats, with no socks. And sometimes even at work, I wore "nice" flip flops, even though I am not sure I was allowed. Nobody said anything. :)

8. I have one brother. He makes wine. And beer. He is a very nice brother. VERY NICE.

9. I rarely wear makeup. When I need to, I put on mascara. And chapstick!

10. I haven't gotten my hair cut in about 8 months. The time before that was when I chopped it all off in Thailand. I need a haircut but I am TRYING to grow it out. Also, the last time I went to the local hairdresser, and she took about 7 minutes and didn't cut it any better than my Dad could have! What a waste of money!

11. I am dreaming of lying on the beach in Mexico. Anybody want to join me?

11 questions for me

1. If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be? 
I guess Abe Lincoln would be an interesting fellow to have a little chat with over coffee. 
2. What's your favorite smell? 
Cinnamon, the first smell of rain, a nice clean soapy man smell
3. If you had to choose 3 bands to listen to for the rest of your life, who would they be? 
Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin, Kings of Leon
4. Chocolate Frosty or Vanilla Frosty? 
Neither
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Vet
6. Ice or no ice in your drink? 
Depends on the drink, but probably ICE. 
7. If they were to make a movie of your life, who would play you? 
Gweneth Paltrow
8. Guilty pleasure food? 
Cheeze-itz
9. If you had to choose between having perfect health for the rest of your life or having an unlimited supply of money, which would you choose?
Health BY FAR! 
10. How would you describe yourself in 3 words. 
Reliable
Organized
Stubborn 
11. Most important accomplishment you have done thus far in life. 
Wow, this is a hard one. I guess graduating from college was a very proud moment. Also traveling the world, but that is more fun than responsible! 

11 Questions for You: 
1. What kind of toothpaste do you use?
2. Name your dream vacation.
3. How many siblings do you have?
4. What blog do you read (almost) every day?
5. What would you do if you won 1 million dollars?
6. Do you like animals?
7. What's your favorite book?
8. What's better: having a housekeeper or having a chef?
9. What's worse: snakes or spiders?
10. Where is the farthest you have been from home?
11. Who is the most inspirational person in your life?

I tag
You

The Rules
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 11 things about you.
3. Answer the questions the tagger asked you.
4. Write 11 new questions for those you tag.

You can do this on your own blog or answer some of the questions in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Very fun post! As someone who really needs to organize the files on my computer I admire your undertaking of that task. And like you, I really have no use for socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I hate wearing socks too!

    (I was so thrilled to get tagged in this yesterday because I have ZERO thoughts in my head these days. I'm not sure why, but blech.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun! I'll have to tuck it away and do this on a day when I don't know what to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have so much in common. Between the chap stick thing, the lying on the beach in Mexico, and wanting to be on the beach. And many other things!

    I can't wait to see which race will be your first 1/2 of 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3,4,5&7: ME TOO.

    Dream vacation with kids: Hawaii. Dream vacation without kids: anyplace without my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!