12.10.2011

More Running = More Baking

Remember this? The bootie buster? I am still working on it! If you have not signed up yet, you still have time. You can go to THIS website and the information is on the sidebar! It is a great way to keep track of your activities during the holidays, when we sometimes tend to slip up!

Luckily I ran a marathon in this week's set of points! December 3-9. I ate 7 servings of veggies and fruits each day. This is accomplished quite easily actually, since I have been eating 4-10 mandarins a day, as well as the fact that I always have a banana with my breakfast and a salad or veggies for dinner (and others as well)! Besides, apple pie counts as a fruit serving!

Dec 3: 2 points
One mile walk (Sacramento -- we walked to the expo and back)
7+ servings of fruit and veggie

Dec 4: 28.2 points
Marathon (26.2 miles)
One mile walk from race finish to brunch
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Dec 5: 1 point
Rest Day! No activity.
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Dec 6: 1 point
Rest Day. No activity.
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Dec 7: 1 point
Rest Day. No activity.
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Dec 8: 5 points
4 mile run
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Dec 9: 7 points
6 mile run
7+ servings of fruit and veggies

Now, I am off to make cookies. If you put Craisins in them and eat enough of them, it will count as another serving of fruit.

Are you staying active during the holidays? What is your trick to getting exercise when it's cold outside? What is your favorite holiday treat?

6 comments:

  1. What a great week you had Kyria. How are you feeling now after your marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been working out much lately, mostly because i Have not been feeling well. I do walk everywhere, though, so I think that sort of counts. Especially when I grocery shop on foot!

    My fave holiday treat is kiss cookies. I am going ot try to track down some GF ones from a GF bakery. no way am I attempting to make them - gluten free baking is very touch and go and things tend to not turn out how you'd expect them to, so it's not worth the disappointment to try to make them on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you killing with the points! I'm really impressed that you get in so many fruits and veggies. I love citrus fruit, but I can't eat more than a couple of oranges in a day or I get an acidy-feeling in my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clementines are making is SUPER easy for me to reach by goal of produce every day! Love seeing 26 points for a day - so awesome!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also doing HBBC and it is really motivating me! Definitely keeping me active during the holidays. Nice job with your marathon and your fruits and veggies:) Having the right gear helps me exercise when it's cold outside for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score with the marathon points! Cold weather? Layer up and go :)

    Holiday treat? I love peppermint bark and anything with pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!