7.05.2011

Ten on Tuesday (16)


1. What do you traditionally do for 4th of July?
We used to have water balloon fights and then (illegally) set off fireworks. Nowadays, there is no “tradition”. It’s about hanging with family and friends (and illegally setting off fireworks).

2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday?
We played volleyball, ate too much and illegally…okay, see above.

3. What’s the best fireworks show you’ve ever seen?
Probably over the Sydney harbor. Maybe it was the setting more than the actual incendiary devices.

4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
I once didn’t throw it fast enough and I was deaf for a few hours!

5. Burger, Brat, or Hot Dog?
I am not a hot dog fan. I would go for the brat or burger; depends on my mood. I do love me some spicy sausage!

6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
Nope. I am not an elementary school teacher.

7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
Switzerland. Or one of the Scandinavian ones. They have good health care.

8. Charcoal or gas?
Whatever the cook wants. I will eat from either one!

9. What’s your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
It is really nice to have clean drinkable water. And RIGHTS. We have it pretty easy compared to some of the other countries I’ve been to.

10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?
I would have to say the Star Spangled Banner. There is just something so great about singing, “what so PrOOOOOUUUDLY we hailed…”

Thanks to Chelsea for hosting! 

2 comments:

  1. The fire works are legal here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! It was definitely an adjustment for me when we moved to the Midwest and setting off your own fireworks was legal. With fire-prone southern California, I was used to going to firework shows in parks or not seeing fireworks at all on the Fourth of July :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!