10.26.2011

Have You Seen This Food?

There are some really strange foods out there, that you may or may not have seen before. Here are some of the ones that I enjoyed trying, looking at, laughing at, and of course, most importantly, taking photos of while traveling around the world.

Egypt: Chicken Livers


Cambodia: Squid on a Stick


China: Jews Ears (a type of mushroom)


Montenegro: Chicken Pate


Nepal: You thought it was a hamburger, but it's a Yak-burger.


New Zealand: Fejoas (a fruit, not a bean)


Portugal: Caracois (Snails)


Italy: Tiny Octopus Babies, with olive oil, naturally


You can find more weird foods over on WRTR, where I talk about Snake fruit and Dragon fruit!

Have you tried any of these? What other weird foods have you seen or tried?

2 comments:

  1. You have eaten some strange things, my dear! I have not tried anything super weird. I think the oddest thing I have tried was bone marrow and that is really not all that odd actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of that stuff is just straight up bizarre.

    I love escargot. Octopus wasn't bad, except I hated the texture, mostly because I could feel where the tentacles had been.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!