7.06.2011

To Eat, To Sweat, To Walk

Yesterday started like this. 


I have to get my butt in gear! Even the internet is telling me this.

{To Eat or Not To Eat}
Today I wasn't sure whether to eat or not before I went running. I was super hungry, but yesterday I ate beforehand and, well I won't get into details, but it's probably NOT a good idea to eat a bowl of chili before running 3 miles. Or any miles at that. So I didn't eat today. But let me tell you, I was slow. And tired. 

{To Sweat or Not To Sweat}
It was 90 degrees at 7:30 pm. I kept making excuses not to run waiting for the heat to go down, but it never did. I hoped thought it was about to rain, but it never did. Finally I just went out and ran. And it was hot. SO hot. My face and a tomato are about the same color. 

{To Walk or Not to Walk}
Last weekend I was playing volleyball and I slipped on wet grass and twisted my ankle. Yesterday it hurt a little while I was running and was pretty stiff once I was done. Today it got stiff right around mile 2. I stopped and tried to stretch it out a little and it did get looser eventually. However, I was afraid of hurting myself, so I took it easy. 

So, all in all, today was NOT the best day of running I have ever had. I am finding myself making excuses not to run beforehand. However, afterward I am glad I did it. That's how it is with running for me. I hate it, but I love it. It is hard. It is not always fun. I like the challenge but don't always like the work.

Lisa invited me to join her a 10 mile race in September and I am going to try to make it! I downloaded the Hal Higdon Half Marathon training schedule (which seems like it has a lot less miles than the last one I used!) This week the longest run is 5 miles. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!