9.18.2017

Currently: The Sweden Version

Happy Monday everyone! I just flew back from Sweden yesterday evening and it's some time in the middle of the night PDT, or lunch time in Europe, and I can't sleep, so I thought I would do a quick "currently" for my trip!

Reading:  The Association of Small Bombs, which I am about halfway through, but am not loving. It's okay, but not showstopping. On my vacation, I also read four other books which were all pretty good, but I will recap those in my September looking back!

Loving: The fall colors in Sweden! We don't get "seasons" very much in the Bay Area and being in Sweden reminded me of Autumns back home! 




Thinking: about my next vacation... just kidding! I'm thinking about how fast this last one went and how it will be to be back at work today (there are going to be so many emails to go through)! 

Frustrated: that I did not complete my entire hiking goal. However, the weather was poor and I was camping in a tent and I know I made the right decision. I just hate "giving up" without reaching my goals.

Feeling:  Hungry! When you are carrying all of your food on your back, you can only carry so much, which for me was about 3,000 calories per day. When you are hiking 10 - 12 hours per day, you just cannot keep up, calorie-wise. Ever since I left the trail, I have been carb-loading!!! Okay, really I've been overall calorie loading.

Anticipating: Going over all of my photos and reminiscing all the good parts of the trip! I did a cursory review and it's funny how I already forgot some of the early days. It's nice to recall them again and again!  




Watching: I did not really watch any TV while on vacation, but I did watch a few movies on the plane: Ms. Stone, When Harry Met Sally and Moneyball to name a few.

Working: will be interesting today. Usually September is not crazy busy, but I will have a lot of catching up to do after being gone for two weeks!

Grateful: that I get as much time off of work as I do. Technically I get about 20 days off (4 weeks) and I am required to take ten of the days consecutively, which I don't have much of an issue with! I know some people do not get very much PTO and I feel very glad that I do!

Listening: To audio books: A Man Called Ove, and next up Kitchen House. I did not really use my phone on the trail as I did not want to run down the battery in case I needed it for an emergency, so I didn't really listen to much!
 

Reindeer!

Wishing: the floors would clean themselves. How is it that I clean everything before leaving on vacation but when I come home, there is still dirt everywhere? I blame the house elves.

What did you do this weekend? What are you currently wishing for? What are you anticipating? 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more about your vacation and see more photos. What a bummer that the weather did not cooperate, though. Tough when that happens as it's out of your control but can really impact your experience. I know you made the most of it despite less than ideal conditions, though.

    That's too bad that you aren't liking Association of Small Bombs. I think that was a critically acclaimed book so I am not terribly surprised that you aren't liking it because those critically acclaimed books are often misses for me. Right now I'm reading a middle grade book called "Refugee" that Iowa Amber recommended. Man the author does not shy away from being honest about the experience of a refugee. TERRIBLE things happen in each of the 3 stories. But at least he's showing kids the reality of the life of a refugee. After that I am going to read Bear Town which is the latest book by the author of A Man Called Ove. I've heard great things about it!

    This past weekend was all about Julia Child night, as you know! I'm currently wishing for my RA flares to go away for good. And I'm anticipating our trip to Asheville at the end of October! We won't be able to do as much hiking as we would have if I wasn't pregnant, but we'll still do some hiking each day. And we'll eat really well and Phil will get to go the New Belgium brewery (one of his favorite brewers) and probably one other brewery while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those pictures are so beautiful, can't wait to see and hear more about your hiking trip! Hope the transition back to work is going smoothly as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!