8.11.2015

TGIT

There is nothing special about today, but I thought I would do a midweek TGIF regarding the past 7 days!

The high of my week was a trip north to the redwoods with my brother and his girlfriend's family. We had a good time hiking, playing games and hanging out, and on the way home we stopped and took a nice dip in the Russian river to top off the weekend.

The low of my week was a bit of a crazy busy workweek last week along with some ongoing work drama.

A book I am reading is The Boys in the Boat, except that I got the hardback from the library and then left it at home since I have been riding my bike to work and it is actually due today, so I am not going to finish it until I check it out again.

A podcast I am listening to is the Freakonomics issue of "how to create suspense". It is interesting, as they talk about how there is a perfect number of plot twists or surprises in a book or movie in order to keep people interested.

A workout I did was this Fitness Blender workout. They have a TON of different workouts on YouTube and you can also go to their site and search by workout length, calorie burn or intensity. I have been doing one to two of the 30 - 40 minute HIIT workouts per week and I have been enjoying them!

The best money I spent was probably my mortgage. I know, it's not exciting, but it sure is no joke!

My plans for the weekend include going up to my parent's neck of the woods for some camping and to see my dad run his first half marathon!

Happy Tuesday! What was the high point of your last 7 days? 

3 comments:

  1. I will have to check out those Fitness Blender workouts. I could use some new workouts as I've been recycling the same workouts from 3 strength training programs I did last year. And while they are still challenging, it would be nice to do something different!

    That is exciting that your dad is running his first half! I am sure he'll do great.

    The high of my last 7 days was going out to dinner w/ Phil and his mom and seeing Music Man with Phil's mom afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously though, anything involving wandering around in the redwoods is good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

  3. The new ways of travelling around the popular destinations :-
    The most major Statue of Liberty jet ski tour or an essential by other side as merits all based on work may be able to be forcefully making the Ellis Island jet ski tour change. The other major or an essential item or NYC Jet Ski Tours an object on the subject of the regular work is by forcing with the aim related fixed Jet Ski Tours Manhattan nature of work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!