3.06.2015

Friday Fun

The high of my week was a nice dinner out with friends who are soon moving across the country! It's been too long since I have seen them and it was great to catch up and talk about their exciting new plans for the future.

The low of my week was the sickness. It still has not completely gone away!

The book I am reading right now is called Travels in a Thin Country, about a woman who travels the length of Chile. To be honest, it's not as good as I thought it would be. Since I love traveling, I always like reading about other people's adventures. However, for some reason, this book is not capturing my attention like I thought it would.

For my workouts, I completed two days of elliptical / core, two long runs and one short run. It's been so nice outside lately, but I have not had ANY motivation to run, even though I am happy once I get out there.

Bald Mountain, Sonoma County

The best money I spent was...I am drawing a blank here. I don't think I really spent any money this week. Oh! I went to the grocery store and bought some salsa fixings for my brother, which cost me about $5. So I guess that's the best money I spent!

My plans this weekend include a trip to Auburn to cheer and spectate some friends who are running the Way too Cool 50k, a hike with a friend and probably organizing and backing up my computer, as it is on it's last legs.

How was your week? What are you up to this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I love that you only spent $5 this week. I WISH I could do that, but I hafta eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a pretty view at the top of your run! I too am jealous you only spent $5 this week. But you are a good spender in general it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this weekend! We're actually heading to charleston, then florida. going to be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're still dealing with the sickness. That's a bummer! But that's great that you were able to get out and go running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! That sucks that you are still sick! I wish that bug would go away! I am feeling better but I still sneeze, cough, and blow my nose a lot... :/

    The best money I spent this week was on a plane ticket to visit Amber in September!! Overall my week was ok. Work was kind of meh but my evenings weren't super busy which was nice as the week before was very busy. I have a really full weekend on tap. Tomorrow I have a 10 mile race - let's hope I don't puke like I did at the last 2 10 mile races I ran! ;)

    Have fun spectating/cheering your friends on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We might actually get temps above the 30's this weekend, and can do something outside. We are planning on a Julia St. art opening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been sick all week too- ugh! Hope the end is in sight for both of us. And yay for nicer weather on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember the last time I only spent 5 dollars at the grocery store, well done! I am trying so hard to avoid the sickness that is all around me, I have a half marathon next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't spend very much money last week either and also drew a blank. Hope you had a good weekend and feel 100% again asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever read The Motorcycle Diaries? I read it such a long time ago, but loved it (and traveling the length of Chile reminded me of it). My personal laptop is on its last legs, too. Thankfully, it's always backed up (thank you, Carbonite!), but Sweets and I are trying to figure out what's next. Have you figured out what your next computer will be?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!