6.29.2012

Oregon in a Nutshell

Today as you read this, I will be flying back from Oregon. I did not have internet the entire time, so I will spend tomorrow catching up on things, blogs, news etc! Until then, here is a list of what we did in Oregon -- in a nutshell.

- Running: I had a great time exploring the running trails and roads, including a nice loop around the neighborhood as well as running in the Peterson Ridge Trail System. More on this later.

- Eating: We went to Costco and Trader Joes and Rays and Food For Less and bought SO MUCH food. I traveled with my friend and her daughter and her mom. You wouldn't think 4 ladies could eat so much, but our fridge was stocked! The good thing about being with ladies? The items mostly included vegetables, fruit, fish and SNACKS! It was my kind of party. 

- Hiking: Every day we took a walk around the neighborhood, and some days we hiked to the tops of small mountains in order to see the surrounding mountains. Unfortunately, it was cloudy and the mountains were hiding some days, but we had a few days of clear views and they were spectacular.

- Mountains: As you may know, the Cascade Range was formed by volcanoes, and it is beautiful! We spent lots of time enjoying the view! (not this one; we were closer to the ground)

source
- Relaxing: Many a book was read, many a magazine was perused. Many a movie was watched. Many a conversation was had. It was good times.

- Biking: It was about 8 miles RT to town and I had a great time biking along the highway (eeek) to get to town for some fun. "Town" is one main street and 2000 people and reminds me a lot of the "town" I grew up in.

I hope everyone else also had a great week and that you all have a great weekend as well! I can't wait to hear all about what everyone has been up to!! Good luck if you are racing this weekend!

What is your favorite relaxing activity? If you are with a group of ladies only, what does the menu look like?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time to me! Friends, food, hikes, runs, reading--that's really about the perfect mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time had by all! I'm trying to convince a few friends that we need a girls' weekend SOON! Everything sounds fun but the description of relaxing is specially appealing to me right now. Our menu would probably be very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to visit Oregon bad. really bad. One of these years I'm going to run the Portland Marathon. and I have a ton of friends in Portland.

    Looks like you had a great trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like YOUR perfect vacation!! Can't wait to hear more! My favorite relaxing activity is probably reading or napping (or most likely, intending to read, but napping instead).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had such a great time:) I love it there! I love to hike, that is relaxing for me, also reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this just sounds fabulous! Your vacation involved almost all of my favorite get away pastimes. I look forward to hearing more about the trail running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really fun vacation! I'm glad you had a relaxing time. :)

    My favorite relaxing activity is reading & taking bubble baths. Soooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had such a good time! I love to get a good run in, and then relax with a book or nap on vacation. Lots of snacks are a must for a group of girls... definitely some dark chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun trip! Have a safe trip home and enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an awesome get away! For me, relaxation involves a good book, being unplugged from the internet, and a glass of wine. :)

    I think a meal with the ladies tends to be appetizers and snacky things! It seems like girls like to have food to sort of slowly pick at over the course of the night v. a big sit down dinner. It has to include chips & salsa, and veggies with hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you had such a great time! Hiking and running and mountains and Trader Joes pretty much = HEaVEN to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A girls weekend is amazing. I haven't had one in a long time - totally overdue. Welcome home (by now).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!