6.30.2012

Foodie Pen Pal Reveal: June

This month' was a little hectic, as I moved at the beginning of June and had a busy few weeks in which I was moving boxes, picking stuff up from the old place, buying things and getting used to the new place. So having a foodie pen pal box come from "out of the blue" was awesome. I didn't have to think too much about what to buy, food-wise!

This month, my foodie pen pal / snack angel was Melissa from Treats With a Twist. I think she and I would be great friends in real life, since she likes to take her favorite treats and give them a healthy twist, which I like to do as well. She is also very friendly and positive and she picks great snacks!

 Food included: Maple Vanilla Coffee, Justin's Nut Butter, Dried Tropical Fruit Mix, Clif Bar Gary's Panforte, Dinstuhl's Assorted Truffles, Peanut Butter Oatmeal Square and Blueberry Covered Pretzels

My favorite? The dried tropical fruit and nut mix.
Kiwi, Mango, Papaya, Coconut, Pineapple, Macadamia nuts and Cashews. 
It is SO GOOD. Much better than candy!

I had a good time trying all the snacks. The coffee was just flavored enough without being overpowering. The Gary's Panforte was a new Clif flavor for me, even though they are made only a few miles away from my house. The blueberry pretzels were surprisingly great. Mr. Lovely tried to eat them all so I had to hide them from him (yes, I do that sometimes). 

Thanks to Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean for hosting. If anyone wants to do it, and it's a great way to discover new treats, go and check out her blog

Have you ever done a food swap? Have you ever tried the dried tropical fruit and nut mix?

8 comments:

  1. I have never done a food swap! It sounds like fun, but I think I am too hard to shop for between my gluten intolerance and the fact that I avoid dairy... ;) That dried fruits looks good! The only dried fruit I've tried is banana chips (which I loved)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food sounds delicious, but I really want to try the new Cliff bar flavor. They never disappoint (I think they're one of the few bars that really can serve as a meal replacement in a hurry and won't leave you famished later!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the new Cliff bar. Yum! I love Foodie Pen Pals. Glad you've joined in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done foodie pen pals. It looks like fun. I love tropical dried fruit and nut mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done this yet, but am thinking about trying it. Sounds like o much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love any and all dried fruit, but I don't think that I have ever tried dried kiwi before. But why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh goodness that tropical mix does look very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't ever participated in a food swap (unless you count meal trains when I had just given birth to Gavin). I have tried dried tropical fruit in trail mix and don't usually love it ... maybe my taste buds have changed since trying to lessen how much sugar is in my diet?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to respond to comments, so please check back soon for my reply!